Site news

EY SEND Team Update

Picture of Tina Newman
EY SEND Team Update
by Tina Newman - Thursday, 9 January 2020, 12:42 PM

Message from Carrie White, Early Years SEND Lead Teacher

Happy New Year!

I would like to introduce myself to you all. I have just started in role as the Early Years SEN Team Manager and am looking forward to getting to know you all.  I will be joining the team in their groups and visits over the next few weeks and am keen to visit as many of the settings as I am able to. If you need to contact me my email address is carrie.white@medway.gov.uk

Update regarding Funding Applications from Julia Hanks, EY SEND Administration Officer/Practitioner

Please could I remind you of a few points when sending in additional funding applications.

• Please use the correct forms, these are on elearning and for your reference are called the following.

• Pre School Application for HN SIF April 2019 Version 6 Revised Jan 2020
  • PVI Blank Provision Map October 2018 Version 4

If these forms are not received then the funding application will be rejected, if you are unsure please contact Tina Newman on 334016, or Julia Hanks on 331194, or alternatively speak to your designated EY SEND Practitioner.

• There is no longer a review form this was removed earlier in the year, all applications are treated as new applications  even if previous funding has been agreed. Please use the application form as highlighted above.

If you send in a review form then the funding application will be rejected, and you will need to resend on the correct form.

• In regards to the Pre School Application for HN SIF April 2019 Version 6 Revised Jan 2020

• Please ensure there is a signature on the application (electronic signatures are acceptable), if it is not signed the application will be returned.
  • Please ensure ALL boxes are completed, including whether or not they have an EHCP, who the responsible LA is and the date they started at your setting.
  • Please put the date of the last SENCo surgery the child was discussed.

• In regards to the PVI Blank Provision Map October 2018 Version 4

• Please ensure ALL boxes are completed, this includes, pre-school/nursery contact details, and email address, date of SENCo Surgery (most recent and should be the same as on application), nursery start date (this should be the same as the application), details of supporting evidence, and answer yes or no to if the child is in receipt of DAF, Pupil Premium or LAC premium – please do not leave blank.
  • Please ensure you have completed the timings using the following format e.g. 0:30.

Forms will now be sent to the Early Years SEND Team via

eyhighneeds@medway.gov.uk

If you have sent any to Jackie Andrew, she will forward them on as appropriate.

We appreciate a lot of work goes into these applications and as they are no longer backdated we want them to be processed as quickly as possible. If you have any queries please contact Tina Newman on 334016, or Julia Hanks on 331194, or alternatively speak to your designated EY SEND Practitioner who will be happy to assist.